kkkwj

Hi, I thought I would like to experiment with using dictation while I'm walking outside where it might be noisy (roads, cars, wind, etc).

I have a Sennheiser ME3 microphone that works beautifully with Dragon on my computer, and a nice little Panasonic XS410 handheld digital voice recorder. (I have attached images of both of them.)
IMG_1500_mini.JPG IMG_1501_mini.JPG 

I have used the Panasonic recorder with Dragon transcription in the past with fairly good results (DNS 11? 12?) . Back then even Dragon with my Sennheiser mike did not have perfect accuracy.

I think the current problem is that the ME3 microphone output level is too low for the line level input to the Panasonic recorder. So I think I need some sort of little battery-powered microphone preamp that will boost the microphone output level high enough so that the recorder can detect it. (Hopefully without injecting any noise that would confuse Dragon transcription later.)

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? Or perhaps could point me to some web resources? Thank you

kkkwj
Silly me – my little recorder has a separate line/mic switch to tell the recorder I'm using a microphone. I had it set to line, which was the problem.

As soon as I flipped the switch to "mic", everything worked superbly well.
Tony Fiset
So glad it was a simple fix! Thanks for following up to let us know.

Add a Website Forum to your website.