New Release: Dragon 13
Last week Nuance Communications, Inc. announced the release of the latest iteration of their popular speech recognition application - Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13. At this point in time the new version is available only in the Home and Premium versions. Expect the Professional & Legal versions in the next month or two and the medical version (Medical Practice Edition 3) in the next 6 months or so.
What can we tell you about this new version? After testing it for nearly a week, we have been extremely impressed. Although it includes more than 100 new features and enhancements, we consider the following to be the most important:
- 15% higher accuracy. Although hard to prove this objectively, we saw noticeable improvement in accuracy
- Improved speed
- Dramatically streamlined user enrollment which no longer requires reading of long passages of text.
- Enhanced functionalities in a number of software environments, including Gmail and Hotmail support, and improved use in Google Chrome and Firefox
- Ability to use the built-in microphone on a laptop computer (but expect better results with a dedicated microphone)
- Auto-collapsing DragonBar to keep it out of the way when not needed but automatically expanded when you hover over it.
- Improved handling of audio devices
Where to get it? Don't tell Nuance we shared the link, but Dragon 13 can be purchased directly from Nuance on a deeply discounted basis through the end of September. During this promotional period the full version of Premium costs just $99.99, rather than the usual $199.99. To take advantage of this special promotion, click on the link below.
Purchase Dragon 13 directly from Nuance
Note: Speech Recognition Solutions is providing the above link for your convenience and does not profit in any way from your purchase of Dragon 13 directly from Nuance. Promotional pricing ends on September 30, 2014.